Coorg or Kodagu is the smallest district of Karnataka that is located midway between Mysore and Mangalore. Coffee is the main crop of Coorg. The air breathes of invigorating coffee. Coffee estates and colonial bungalows stand tucked under tree canopies in prime corners of the town.
- The Coorgi or Kodagu people are fiercely independent people comprising martial men and beautiful women who are believed to have descended from the Greeks or the Arabs.
- They have a strong tradition of hospitality and they are more than willing to recount numerous tales of bravery that are related to the men of this region.
- As a matter of fact, the Kodavus are the only people in India who are permitted to carry firearms without a licence.
- Coorg offers a variety of high-energy adventure sports that include river rafting, canoeing, rappelling, rock climbing, mountain biking and trekking.
- The animals that are likely to see in Coorg include Malabar squirrel, Macaques, wild elephants, langurs, slender loris, etc.